Short Dated and Slow Moving Stock Register
- When short dated or slow moving stock is identified by a stock holder, an entry is made in the register.
- The register is accessible via the intranet.
- An entry is recording using a wizard which pulls all of the necessary information from the pharmacy computer system.
- All stock holders receive a weekly email providing information on all of the products on the list.
- Stock holders receive an alert when any packs that have been recorded on the register from their location is just about to expire.
- If it is possible to use any products before the expire then this is recorded on the register.
- The register can be used as part of the inventory management process for the department to minimise risk and wastage.
- The system could be extended to accommodate logging of “out of stock” and stock discrepancies.